Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
As a member of the Sustaining Engineering team, you will be responsible for the resolution and management of high impact technical customer issues. You will be responsible for troubleshooting a broad spectrum of Sandvine products, while providing in-depth technical leadership in multiple areas. The critical customer issues that you will be responsible for are typically situations where there is customer impact, revenue loss, or even ongoing issues that have been challenged with timely resolution.
Your feedback will be crucial to make the products better by providing feedback from real world use-cases. You will work closely with all development teams and make sure that the individual components and products work together at a system level.
- Understanding the deployment design
- Root-cause system level issues which cause the failures in the field
- Investigating root-cause of the software or hardware issues in the field
- Bring together diverse teams and experts to achieve customers’ use-case.
- Tracking defect trends to help identify areas of improvement
- Identify improvements in product to improve the quality, usability and stability of Sandvine products
What Skills you bring
- BE or ME (or equivalent degree) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Programming Experience in C++ on Unix/FreeBSD/Linux
- Debugging tools like: GDB
- Experience with scripting languages, preferably python.
- Strong Networking knowledge TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP routing
- Strong problem solving skills to solve real-world problems
- Good communication skills. Good at explaining problem and solution to technical issues
- Prior experience working in networking or embedded software domain
- Ability to work with a variety of teams around the world
- Take initiative and ownership of the assigned task
- Open to learning and adapting to changing responsibilities
- Out-of-the-box thinking, attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
Nice to have
- Programming Experience in C, Java on Unix/FreeBSD/Linux
- Scripting in TCL
- Other Debugging tools like: Valgrind, D-TRACE,
- Usage of Profiling tools for CPU and Memory: Perf, hwpmc, perf, Google perf tools
- Other network protocols: Diameter, Radius, BGP, SNMP
- Virtualization technologies: KVM, ESXi
- API interfaces: REST and SOAP
- Experience with Version control systems like Git and Clearcase
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a public company with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us
- Casual & Collaborative work environment
- Employee development - training programs, lunch and learns
- Fun Work Environment that includes team events, sports leagues, on-site gaming + complementary drinks and snacks
- Onsite service such as hair stylist, chiropractor, massage therapist, lunch delivery and financial advisors
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team