Transform the way the world runs networks
As a member of the Resident Engineers team you will reside at the customer’s location.
As a Resident Operations Engineer you will be performing installation and operations based activities. You’ll use your excellent attention to detail and investigative skills to monitor, identify and lead to resolution potential issues on a high availability production environment while also communicating the features and benefits of Sandvine solutions. Issues that are outside of your knowledge domain will be escalated to Sandvine’s customer support for further investigation while you play a key role in communicating status updates to the customer and scheduling further investigation activities as require until resolution.
- Work with Customer Network Operations for deployment, maintenance, administration and operational tasks
- Recommend configuration changes and assist with implementations
- General services as required including installation of software maintenance updates for all Sandvine devices and solutions.
- Complete or coordinate maintenance window activities
- Proactive health monitoring of software/hardware issues, Daily monitoring of system health, KPIs, logs, alarms
- Work within customers change management and maintenance window guidelines
- Sandvine product inventory management
- Diagnose Sandvine equipment failures
- Basic scripting (use of Sandscript)
- Maintain documentation for projects with Sandvine to keep the documentation up to date
- Assist with communication, consultation, coordination, escalation, and leadership to address cases with Sandvine Customer Support
- Act as the liaison and advocate between customer operations personnel and Sandvine customer support, including the Account Management team and engineering staff
- Provide knowledge transfer to customer
What skills you bring
- BS or MS (or equivalent) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5 year experience in networking and data communications industry with different operator networks and/or vendors for Wireline (Cable, DSL, FTTx etc) and Wireless (Satellite, WiFi, LTE, GPRS-3G, CDMA-3G, WiMAX, GSM, UMTS etc)
- Good understanding of end-to-end network call flows, as well as relevant technologies & protocols (DHCP, RADIUS, DIAMETER, GTP/GTP-C, BGP, SOAP, REST, LDAP, etc)
- Commanding knowledge of unix based operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD etc
- Excellent technical background with a strong understanding of networking (specifically IP related technologies)
- Excellent demonstrated customer interaction skills in a technical or professional services type role
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and investigation skills
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a public company with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us
- Competitive total compensation package
- Casual & collaborative work environment
- Commitment to employee development
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role.
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
If you have an interview or workplace accommodation request, please contact our Global Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org