Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
In this position, you will be a member of the Sandvine Professional Services (PS), Regional team. This will involve working both independently and closely with the greater PS team with performing product and solution deployments, development, training, testing and final system integration.
You will become the expert on configuring, and developing solutions, for the many Sandvine products and network elements. As part of your role you will work both behind the scenes as well as directly with the customers and their operations and development teams.
- Be part of the team responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a Sandvine technical solution and performing the final system integration and implementation for a customer. Activities that include:
- Understanding and implementing a solution design prepared by a Services Solution Architect
- Coding/development using Sandvine’s SandScript and/or other programming and scripting languages
- Installing, upgrading and configuring Sandvine hardware and software
- Configuring a implemented Sandvine solution both in the lab and in customer networks
- Executing internal and customer facing acceptance test plans for a solution
- Providing Sandvine product and solution training both internally and to Sandvine customers
- Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical, and sales support for major account opportunities
- Continuously learn and be the subject matter expert on Sandvine’s product and solutions portfolio, as well as SandScript (Sandvine's policy language)
- Interface with Sandvine internal groups (Product Line Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance) to continuously improve and innovate
- Providing consultative support and mentor other less experienced Solutions Architects, Solutions Engineers and Field Service Engineers
- Work effectively as a member of the team, taking initiative in driving projects to completion, and assuming a leadership role when needed.
What skills you bring
- BS or MS (or equivalent) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ year experience in networking and data communications industry with different operator networks and/or vendors for Wireline (Cable, DSL, FTTx etc) and Wireless (Satellite, WiFi, LTE, GPRS-3G, CDMA-3G, WiMAX, GSM, UMTS etc)
- Good understanding of end-to-end network call flows, as well as relevant technologies & protocols (DHCP, RADIUS, DIAMETER, GTP/GTP-C, BGP, SOAP, REST, LDAP, etc)
- Commanding knowledge of unix based operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD etc
- Exposure to and understanding of web application concepts like P2P, VoIP, WAP, MMS, RTSP, VPN
- Excellent background in diameter application Gx/Gy and interface with charging and policy control
- Excellent technical background with a strong understanding of networking (specifically IP related technologies)
- Experience with or exposure to programming or scripting languages such as Java, C/C++, python, Perl etc
- Excellent demonstrated customer interaction skills in a technical or professional services type role
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and investigation skills
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We are a global organization with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team