Want to help build a Smarter Internet?The opportunity: As a leader in the broadband network equipment industry, our solutions enable Communication Service Providers to deliver quality experiences for Internet customers around the world. And that quality experience is no exception for Sandvine Team Members. Recognized as one of the Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute for 8 consecutive years, our Team Members have the opportunity to develop, support and promote our solutions that have real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and transpire into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's Internet. The Job We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team in Spain and help progress projects with both existing Sandvine customers as well as new opportunities. The position as Sales Engineer is a technical position, and we expect the successful candidate to become the technical authority on the Sandvine products and solutions. The person must also have commercial awareness and flair with excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.You will be responsible for all pre-sales technical activities with customers and prospects. You will perform presentations and workshops with customers and prospects about Sandvine products and solutions, articulating their operational benefits and features. You must possess competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings and have an understanding and be conversant about the company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Primary activities will include customer presentations bids and proposal coordination as well as network design. You should have proven “hands on” experience and be able to run trials and Proof of Concept tests in order to demonstrate Sandvine solutions. You will assist with the definition and championing of improvements in Sandvine networking systems and software solutions. The geographical area covered from Spain includes other Southern Europe countries as well. What skills you bring
- You are one of the smartest people on the planet
- Degree in Engineering, Computer or Network Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of networking experience with routing products and IP related technologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, sub-netting, traffic flows, TCP/UDP, application layer protocols like HTTP, P2P, IM, etc.
- Installation, operation and configuration of all of the following: Cisco or Juniper routers/switches, Unix, Linux and/or BSD operating systems, firewall technologies
- Experience in virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, KVM, …)
- Experience in Wireless data technologies (CDMA, GPRS, LTE, …)
- Knowledge of Wireless data network architecture including standards (3GPP, 3GPP2)
- Excellent troubleshooting and investigative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and have a demonstrated ability to absorb new technologies
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Fluency in English and Spanish, spoken and written.
- Other languages like Portuguese or French are a plus.
The Company: At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a Global Organization with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.What can you expect from us?
- 5+ years of Hardware and Software networking experience and IP related technologies, with experience with virtualization VMWare ESX, KVM, … as well as OpenStack and Telco Cloud, VNFs.
- Experience with the major CSPs in the region, especially in the Italian market
- Customer facing experience in either technical or pre-sales roles
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company