Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
As a member of our technical support team, you will provide technical support to a named customer within the support organization. In Kuala Lumpur, you will be part of a very diverse team where you will have the opportunity to learn and interact directly with other members in the support team and Professional Services.
Sandvine provides a 24x7x365 service in order to cover the high availability requirements of our products. You will handle lab activities and maintenance windows involving potential troubleshooting, update changes required and full software upgrades. Proactive reviews will be completed by you on a regular basis in order to maintain stability and optimum performance of the solution. You will use your excellent troubleshooting and investigative skills to resolve technical issues for the named customer, and to communicate the features and benefits of Sandvine solutions.
As a successful candidate, you will work in our team environment, taking responsibility for post-sales customer support, including the management of defect entry, tracking, and escalation. You will also provide backup support for remote Sales Engineers, including preparing technical customer presentations and working with Service Providers’ to evangelize, architect, implement, and support Sandvine solutions in their networks.
Communication is key to this role, as your opinion and ideas will be critical for the future development and operation of Sandvine’s products as you will be a customer advocate to relaying the thoughts and comments from our customers.
What skills you bring
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a technical role
- Degree or diploma from a technical institute
- Hands-on Unix experience (BSD/Linux/Solaris)
- Technical background with a strong understanding of networking (specifically IP related technologies)
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and/or operation of network equipment such as Cisco, Juniper or other network hardware manufacturers – a valuable asset
- Excellent troubleshooting, investigative, and communications skills
- Experience with programming and/or scripting, SQL databases, network traffic monitoring, or firewall technologies – especially in a Telecom, ISP, or Cable Internet environment – a valuable asset
- Experience in a technical product lab setting or operational network environment – a valuable asset
- Skills in oral, written Japanese is considered a merit
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We are a global organization with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team